Historical Arts has been home for a number of bands performing music of all eras for all manner of events. All bands are available in costume with instruments appropriate to era.
We regularly perform at historic sites throughout the country and abroad. Clients include English Heritage, Jorvik Viking Centre, The Royal Armouries Museum and Tewkesbury Medieval Fair.
– Anne Marie Summers (bagpipes, hurdy gurdy, harp woodwind) and Thor Ewing (voice, drum and occasional extras!)
– Music from Roman times to Napoleonic, suitable for museums, living history, medieval fairs, and informal events etc.
– Anne Marie Summers (bagpipes etc.), Peni Ediker (bagpipes, woodwind), Stefan Balesi (percussion, woodwind) Stephen Tyler (hurdy gurdy etc.), Thor Ewing (voice, medieval trumpet, percussion)
– The medieval big band. Medieval music for a wide range of events. A grand sound!
– Helen Wilding (fiddle, medieval fiddle) Anne Marie Summers (medieval harp)
– Celtic Music for weddings, restaurants, galleries, private functions and other events.
– Anne Marie Summers (bagpipes etc.), and Stephen Tyler (hurdy gurdy, gothic harp, citoles)
– Medieval music for concerts and other events. Programmes with other musicians include songs and music from the fourteenth century and the Life of Richard the Lionheart among others.
– Thor Ewing (lyre and voice)
– The lyre was popular from prehistory into Norman times. Suitable for demonstrations, and low-key indoor events.
– Can also call on other musicians to make up a larger band.
– If you can’t see quite what you’re looking for here, Historical Music is a new website listing bands and musicians playing historical music in the UK and Ireland.